Saturday 25 February 2012

Hats of the week (part 4)

There's a distinct whiff of spring in the air, so for my last
hats post, I've cast warmth aside in favour of this daft lot:

vintage knitted hats

I like the swimming hat-style Crusader helmet so much I'm considering making myself one AND actually wearing it. But WFT is going on with Cleopatra in the middle? No wonder she can't keep a straight face, she's wearing a knitting blue bob. And has Mantilla just washed her hair?

Anyway, towel, wig or swimming cap – the choice is yours. Click here, here and here for how to knit your own, er let's say distinctive, headgear.

While we're at it, if you like the synchronised swimmer look, and let's face it who doesn't, you'll love this chunky version, modelled by a very fetching young lady:

vintage knitted hat

Dontcha just love her toothy smile? I'm also diggin her
friend's eye make-up:

vintage knitted hats

So, if you want to knock up your very own 1960s chapeau, clickety, clickety click to find out how (there's always next winter). PS: the white one is crocheted.

No comments:

Post a Comment